A few months ago I picked up a bottle of Blood Orange Infused Olive Oil. I thought it would be nice in salads, and perhaps over fish, and it was; But the real winner has to be these brownies.
I wasn’t expecting so much from just a tablespoon of oil, infused or not, but it made a huge difference. I’m now completely sold on infused olive oils and am wondering which other flavours to include in which cakes. Rosemary infused oil in lemon cake? Lemon infused oil in no bake cheesecake?
E enjoyed the brownies as well. She was especially ‘helpful’ when it was time to sprinkle the chocolate shards over the batter. A few (Or most!) of the shards may have been eaten by my lovely helper, but the brownies are amazing regardless.
Patience does not come naturally to toddlers, but fudgy brownies definitely need to cool in the pan before cutting. So we waited (and waited, and waited) for as long as we could. And after twenty minutes we cut into the gooey goodness and enjoyed!
Time: 35 minutes (15 minute prep/20 minute bake)
Serves: 16 squares
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon Blood Orange infused olive oil
1 1/2 cup white sugar
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
100 grams chocolate chunks or chip
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Butter an 8×8 inch pan, line bottom with parchment and set aside
- Whisk melted butter, olive oil, and sugar until well combined
- Whisk in eggs and vanilla extract for 1 minute
- Fold in flour, salt, and cocoa powder until just combined
- Pour batter into prepared pan and top with chocolate
- Bake in top 1/3 of oven for 20 minutes, edges should be set, but centre just slightly wobbly when the brownies are removed
- Cool in pan