Sadly, a sit down breakfast is rarely a possibility, but that doesn’t mean I can’t start the day with something filling and healthyish.
Granola bars (and granola) have gotten a bit of a bad reputation as people rush to drop carbs, but a good homemade granola bar, made with whole grains, nuts and seeds is full of healthy fats, fibre, iron, and protein!
These granola bars do contain sugar, about 2-4 teaspoons per bar depending on how they are cut. I keep mine pretty small as a little goes a long way with nuts and seeds and a small bar is all I need to keep me energized for a few hours.
These bars take only a few minutes and one bowl to pull together and make enough bars to supply us with breakfast for the whole week. They make a great breakfast especially when paired with an apple or crumbled over a bowl of Greek yogurt.
They also have a hint of salted caramel making this a great afternoon snack especially if your sweet tooth is acting up.
3 cups rolled oats
2 cups roasted cashews
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
1 can sweetened condensed milk
Coconut oil for greasing
- Preheat oven to 275F
- Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper (Note: mixture will stick to tinfoil)
- Generously spread coconut oil over parchment (and sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of salt over coconut oil)
- Mix oats, cashews, coconut, seeds and sweetened condensed milk in a bowl until combined. Spread mixture into parchment lined pan
- Lightly pat mixture into pan to create an even top
- Bake in The middle of the oven for 90 minutes
2 thoughts on “Cashew Coconut Granola Bars”
This is original. Like originality 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person